We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to work with an experienced, hard-working group of professionals focused on camaraderie, teamwork, work/life balance, prompt and friendly service, and dedication to the bank’s success. Our culture supports open communication, welcomes product and service ideas, and encourages strategic and other dialogue with senior management.
If you’re interested in joining the Wakefield Co-op team, please email your resume and cover letter to Joyce Grasso at email@example.com.
Wakefield Co-operative Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Managers
The Senior Universal Banker is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products, understanding the customer’s unperceived needs, and communicating effectively with team members.
Specific Job Functions
• Processes regular teller transactions for customers including servicing customer accounts, accepting loan payments, cashing checks, verify currency, balancing cash drawer, night deposits, ATM balancing, as well as any other related duties.
• Provides a complete range of customer service including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
• Responsible for providing comprehensive electronic banking support to customers.
• Proactively interviews customers to identify all their perceived and unperceived financial needs.
• Working accurately and efficiently with strong written and verbal skills to complete transactions within a reasonable period of time.
• Maintains knowledge of branch policies and procedures.
• Participates in activities for generating new business such as special events.
• Successfully completing IRA and CD transactions.
• Deliver clarity to customers through simplicity, guidance, and know-how.
• Interface with customers via telephone or in person.
• Must be able to support both branch locations as needed.
• Adherence to all operational, regulatory and security requirements, directives and procedures while minimizing losses.
• Contributing to the achievement of the bank through individual and group efforts and by offering ideas for improving processes and exceeding customer expectations.
• Fills in for the manager (s) on a temporary basis when they are not available.
• Has access to Vault.
• Signs bank checks.
• Has the ability to open and close branch.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong understanding of financial products and services and the ability to learn more.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Assessing customer needs, providing solid recommendations, and building customer relationships to optimize opportunities with new and existing customers.
• Assist with answering telephone calls in a professional manner.
• Must possess a professional demeanor including courtesy, tact and conflict management skills.
• Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
• Successful completion of in-house training programs or other approved training programs.
Compliance with BSA regulations as appropriate to the position
Contact InformationJoyce Grasso