We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to work with an experienced, hard-working group of professionals focused on camaraderie, teamwork, work/life balance, prompt and friendly service, and dedication to the bank’s success. Our culture supports open communication, welcomes product and service ideas, and encourages strategic and other dialogue with senior management.
If you’re interested in joining the Wakefield Co-op team, please email your resume and cover letter to Joyce Grasso at email@example.com.
Wakefield Co-operative Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: VP Branch Operations
Job Description: The Branch Manager leads, coaches, and motivates Branch team to deliver a high level of employee and customer experience. This person coaches and develops branch team ensuring on-going training, performance management, and talent development and Is responsible for overall performance of the Branch through all Branch Sales, Service, and Supervisory Personnel. Branch Managers promote Wakefield Co-operative Bank through active leadership within the community.
- Generally manages branch, according to the Bank's criteria.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Provides supervision/coaching/mentoring of Assistant Branch Manager and Teller staff to positively reinforce behavior.
-Recognizes the need to negotiate/ Influence; may need assistance in negotiating/ influencing the outcome within the branch or with business managers, retail and commercial loan teams. Identifies when change may be needed; may require assistance in planning, strategizing and In executing change.
- Has credibility within the Bank and with business managers, retail, and commercial loan teams. Builds strong relationships with these teams through routine contact and review of expected business results. Approves financial transactions using sound judgment to minimize risk and potential losses from fraud and other decision that will impact the banks financial results.
- Have strong performance standards for self and others .
- Identifies when action is needed; may need assistance in implementing actions items.
- Ensures that all security and audit procedures are followed to minimize potential risk.
- Assist in managing cash limits in accordance with Teller banking standards.
- Participates in investigating, locating, resolving and controlling Teller differences to manage the Teller Difference budget within acceptable standards.
- Creates and implements a plan to manage and minimize bank procedural violations.
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner .
- Additional duties as assigned .
- Strong supervisory or leadership experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed Customers' expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates management ability
- Demonstrates ability to manage competing priorities, strategically aligning efforts and activities to meet branch goals and objectives Demonstrates knowledge of Bank product lines and services as well as an understanding of branch operations and security
- Notary License
Customer and Community Contact and Activities
The nature of this position requires the engagement of customers to the bank and the meeting of members of the community. Such contact may be via phone, electronically or in-person. These are necessary aspects of this Job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It is expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore, required.
Contact InformationJoyce Grasso